Try Before You Buy Program - Utah Brides
What we need from you:
1) Measurements: Send us your measurements for bust, waist, and hips. Here is an information page about how to take those accurately: https://latterdaybride.com/
2) Your wish list: Send us the styles you love the most from our Try Before You Buy Collection. Send between 5 and 6 top picks so that we can find the samples that best match your dress size. We can even suggest some dresses you may not have considered if we don't have a close size for you. Remember, we will only be sending 3 out to you. If those 3 don't work, you are welcome to use the Try Before you Buy program again!
3) Adequate time before your wedding: The Try Before You Buy program takes about 2-3 weeks, and ordering a new dress can take between 4-5 months, so plan your time accordingly.
Once you receive your dresses, here's what you'll do:
1) Try them on! You'll have 2 days from receiving the dresses to try them on with family or friends before they need to be sent back.
2) Send us pictures! Email us pictures of you in the dress so we can advise you on fit and alterations. We also just want to see how cute you look!
3) Send it back! We will email you a return label for you to print out and take to the post office of the carrier listed.
Try Before You Buy | Try Before You Buy Program - Utah Brides
Worried about selecting just the right size? You've just found the very best way to get it right!
Properly taking your dress measurements.
Buying the right size dress is so crucial for your big day, so we are here to help! It's best to get your measurements taken by a professional seamstress. If you aren't able to do that, grab a friend to help. This definitely isn't a DIY project! Keep in mind that we aren't responsible for measurements taken outside our Salt Lake City bridal shop showroom. So, when in doubt, call us for some expertise!
Bust - Be warned: this is not your bra size! Measure the fullest part of your bust across the shoulder blades, keeping the tape level. Keep a thumb inside the tape and take a breath. If the tape slides down, it's too loose, and if it creates an indent in your bra, it's too tight. Go for a Goldilocks "just right" kind of fit!
Waist - Measure the smallest part of your waist, which is actually about two inches above your belly button. When you bend to one side, "little tea-pot style", the smallest part of your waist will be between your rib cage and your belly button. Stand with your stomach at it's natural position. Leave a little room by keeping a thumb on the inside of the tape and again, take a breath. The tape should be snug, but not restricting.
Hips - Measure the fullest part of your hips, which is down around your bum, not where your jeans sit. Make sure your back pockets are empty and the tape measure stays parallel to the floor.
Hollow to Hem - *Not required for prom dresses, temple dresses, or bridesmaids dresses.* Take this measurement from the indent in your collar bone to the hem of the skirt. Be sure to include the heel you'll be wearing with your wedding dress. Look straight ahead while this measurement is taken. Bending over will definitely alter the measurement.
Please include all of the above measurements, regardless of choosing from our selection of modest dresses, sleeveless bridal gowns, strapless wedding dresses, or anything in between.
For some further information, view our video below to see all the ins and outs of measuring!